Friday, November 9, 2007

Sharktooth Hill


While I was in Alaska Justin & his friends Kenny & Brian went on a fossil hunt at Sharktooth Hill. They found enough shark teeth, petrified wood, bone parts & other ancient oddities that each of them filled a couple sandwich ziplocks. They had so much fun that they went back the very next night. I was a little worried about him contracting valley fever since they say that spot out there is abounding in coccidioidomycosis spores. Yes, SPORES. I know my friends who read this are laughing right now as they used to tease me when I talked about the harmful spores in the air. But valley fever is no joke around here. I got sick right after we went to the fair in 2005 & recovered after only 3 months, which is quick compared to others I know. Luckily Justin seems to be unaffected. Above is a pic of some findings.

No comments: