Sunday, June 1, 2008

for Katie


My little sister is not so little anymore. Everyone is asking me if it's a shock that she's 18 and graduated and my reply is not really. She's seemed pretty grown up to me for a while now. She has a part-time job, has realistic college goals, has made good choices in friends, and has always been the level-headed, no-drama girl in her peer group. I remember a while ago - maybe a year or so - my dad telling me he was impressed because she took notes during General Conference and then initiated an in-depth conversation about what had impressed her from it. I remember being pretty mean to her when we were children. She was scared of the movie Hook and so I'd curl my finger and chant, "Hook, Hook, Hook.." to her when we were home alone. When my friends were over we'd play hide and seek and Katie would hide and we would conveniently forget to seek. I'm glad she has forgotten some and forgiven a lot more. I'm proud of her - I love you, Katie!



3 comments:

MegiJones said...

Cute cute pics!! I am sorry too Katie for the hide and seek thing...I'm sure it was Jacquie's idea...:) Where are Katie's plans now??

Katie Beesley said...

Awww, thanks Jac. And I do forgive you for all the torment you put me through. And to everyone else - Hook is now one of my favorite movies.

Jacquie Huang said...

She plans on 2 years at BC and then applying to BYU or Hawaii.