Tuesday, July 29, 2008

update


My sister in-law is in town with the kids so we went to the beach & had loads of fun with the kiddies. I really enjoyed the street fair that I guess they have every Thursday during the summer in San Luis. Justin stayed home & worked like the wonderful husband that he is! Justin was released from the Young Men where he served for the last 3-1/2 years & is now the ward Exec Secretary. I was just released from Primary 1st counselor & now I'm the... Primary Chorister, not too far from what I was before. You'd think with all my choir experience & my family genes I'd be a natural, but actually I tend to freeze up & get nervous when I have to direct anyone, even kids. I'd rather do sharing time than singing time any day! ...And to think I actually thought at one time that I wanted to be a high school choir teacher, haha yeah right. Of course, it's typical for me to be a little nervouse when I'm first called to something. Katie is the Assistant Chorister so that should be fun!
Justin & I have been shopping for a home here in Bakersfield for several months... we've had several disappointments & our patience has been stretched to the limit & wow this is a tedious process! I was excited to go see houses for about the 1st 2 months but now after some experience we've learned to not get our hopes up prematurely. It's a miracle that we can even afford anything - a year ago we thought there was no way we'd be able to buy in California. I also used to think that being a real estate agent would be fun, think again... it seems like soooo much work; props to our agent Desi who is always so on top of things. The search continues...
.

1 comment:

MegiJones said...

ok so i'm waiting to hear what your new calling is...