Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Halloween



I went for easy this year and we bought Brody a Zookeeper getup from the LA Zoo. We went to my parent's ward Halloween party on Thursday night cause we had a family wedding planned for Saturday. It was low key... Brody practiced singing "Little Red Riding Hood" with my dad for weeks before and then they made my mom come up to the front of the cultural hall and wear a red cape and they sang to her. I say 'they', but it was my dad singing and playing the guitar and Brody just howled on cue. There were some pretty imaginitive pumpkins for the contest. The primary presidency (Sisters Elms, Giles, and Clemmons) were the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus and they were fabulously in character the whole time. Brody was so content to stay inside and play with the adults that we didn't even take him outside for trunk or treating. PLUS he turns into this crazy, hiper, shrieking wind-up toy when he eats candy so I thought it best to avoid the whole thing. I can't seem to find any of the pics from the party :(

We went to a pumpkin patch the week before Halloween but I was not very impressed. The pumpkins were slim pickins but Andrew and Alex did have fun in the kids zone. Andrew carved this sick jack o' lantern.

No comments: