Friday, July 9, 2010

Father's Day



Justin has been working out of town for the last month (and will be for a couple more months) and he usually comes home on the weekends but he wasn't able to come home for Father's day so we celebrated one week late. So it was almost 2 whole weeks that he was away. Brody had been giving me grief for the whole week before Justin came home. He was throwing little fits where he would scream at me in defiance or impatience or for other reasons that I couldn't figure out and he was super-clingy and whiney. I think it's because he missed daddy and felt a little abandoned and was nervous about me leaving too, while at the same time he was probably getting a little sick of me. Brody clung to Justin the whole weekend while he was home. And then - when he left again, no more monster baby - yeah! What a relief, he was driving me crazy. Brody has been such a good little boy ever since. I think he just needed to know that Justin was coming back.

On Friday we went out to ice cream at Moo Creamery and Brody got his own baby cone. On Saturday we celebrated a late Father's day at Logan's Roadhouse with Steve and the whole Foulger/Huang clan. The kids all chipped in and we bought Steve a barbeque to replace his super-old one that had finally kicked the bucket. He was so excited - when he saw it he couldn't believe it and walked away and then came and looked again, just like on the TV shows when people win some huge prize. The man loves to BBQ. I made this cake which we took to the restaurant but everyone was so full after dinner that we ended up eating most of it at home over the next few days.


No comments: