Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Holiday


Last Friday me, Brody, Katie and Jenna traveled to San Jose for a much needed getaway. We went to Merri's house and swam and ate dinner with my aunt and uncle Patty and Danny and cousin Emily. Katie and Jenna stayed with Merri and Justin, Brody and I drove up to stay at Justin's hotel in Richmond, CA. Justin is building a Burlington Coat Factory in Pinole this summer. We saw this indoor skydiving place on the way and Justin just had to stop and watch. I had no idea that was possible - it was pretty cool to see.

We mostly spent the weekend driving around exploring Marin County. We met up with Justin's aunt and uncle Crystal and Steven and had lunch at a Thai place in Fairfax, walked around the shops at Point Reyes Station, and went to a lighthouse that was pretty cool. Justin stayed in the car for that one cause Brody was napping.

Brody LOVED the beach. We went to Stinson's. He kept running back & forth between the dry sand and the waves - he couldn't decide which was more exciting. He stuck his face down and ate the sand. I cleaned his mouth out and then he did it again. And again. Hmmm... you'd think he'd learn? Nope, he liked it. He was sneezing sand for days. He discovered piggy back rides and ever since he has been trying to climb up on my back and then bouncing like he wants me to run around.



We saw a really great fireworks show on the lagoon at the Marin county fair. We got some great little deals at IKEA. Brody really got fed up with being in the car so much. On the way back we stopped at Casa de Fruta where we ate and let the kids play. Ever since we've been home he's been walking around happy to be free and he's been very interested in his toys.


2 comments:

MegiJones said...

Fun to see all of your updates!! And you got to see Em!! I was hoping you guys had taken a picture. You all look so good and your little man is growing up!!

Kathryn the Great said...

Oh my cute girl! You are adorable my little Jacquie all grown up and taking pictures with a man and a baby as though they are yours or something! Wow! How does this all happen! I love your guts! Just saw on my blog that you were having a hard time getting ahold o' me! 801-836-2473! Call me! I'm getting ready for school and stressed out of my head but I'm breathing... breath! ;)